Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Fire in My Company Car (1.18.2007)

The other day I was at work driving the company car. Ok, Im driving. I get to a stop light and I thought I saw smoke. "Why would there be smoke in my car?" I thought to myself. SO im sitting at the light thinking it was my imagination. And then I turn around to look at the back seat and there is nothing but smoke. OH MY GOSH--Is my work car on fire???? YIKES!!!!!!!!! So while at the light, I put the car in park and get out of the car. If the car wants to blow up, go ahead, but its not going to blow up while Im in it. As I'm sitting on the curb waiting for my car to blow up, I call my company to tell them about the situation. They cant believe it. The company car key chain has a button to pop the trunk. Im asked to open the trunk. I open the trunk, from afar of course, and as it opens, a big cloud of smoke escapes. Im thinking,'Great my car is on fire due to something in the trunk." And people are walking by my car as the cloud of smoke escapes. Im screaming,' Ay, my cars on fire, get away from that smoke'. In stead, the guys walk straight up to my car, look at the smoke and say," Your car's not on fire. Its the fire extinguisher. It exploded. The smoke is from the fire extinguisher."

OH.

The company car has fire extinguishers that are supposed to be fastened in the trunk. The fire extinguisher in my car was NOT fastened, so it was freely rolling around in the trunk. While it was roolling around, the pin came out of the extinguisher, activating it.
So no , my car was not on fire, it was the smoke from the extinguisher.
Now we need to get rid of all the yellow gunk in the trunk but car washes dont want to do it because they say the extinguisher contents block up their vaccuums. I guess we'll figure that out later. ANyways, Im alive and well and so is my company car.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fitting for the easybake over queen that her first panning of a toy be the fire extinguisher.